Friday, June 20, 2008

Negativity Rears Its Ugly Head or Why can't everyone be nice like Lance and Kimberly?

Ferret people are the meanest people I know. I am a ferret person. That is not a good logical starting point.

A Muslim attorney once told a group that while all terrorists are Muslims, not all Muslims are terrorists.

So I hope it goes for me. Although I must be far from perfect because I know a lot of ferret people in California don't like me.

Today's little flare up started when someone didn't like a suggestion I put out there. When a rude response came back, a rude response went out - "what charm school did you go to?" I sarcastically asked - and sent to the whole group.

Then this little gem came back:

"Pat,

I think you need to stop telling people what to do. This is another reason I refuse to join your little click. If I find my last name listed anywhere I will let you have it. In this state some of us wish to keep our names low key. Lisa"

So much for "How to Win Friends and Influence People" a great book from Dale Carnegie that I think I need to reread.

So my apology. And my admiration to Lance who said:

To keep from spreading negativity throughout FA, we all have to remember to keep certain things to ourselves at times. We all have a responsibility to the organization to make sure that you remain as positive as possible.

And Kimberly who chimed in:

I do realize that email's can be difficult because you can't hear a person's tone of voice. But I really think when a problem first arises it's best to nicely explain concerns or problems and see if they can easily be fixed. You get better results with honey than you do vinegar. I hope I didn't get anyone mad at me I just really want to see ALL of us try to get along and work TOGETHER.

And if I disapear - blame it on Lisa!

thank you!
Pat Wright
www.legalizeferrets.org
www.ferretsanon.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi, im letting as many people i can reach know about a bill in california to further outlaw ferrets in our state.... it's called sb1424 by mike machado.... help me sound the alarm! ask the governator for a veto!


here's a link to the bill:

http://leginfo.ca.gov/pub/07-08/bill/sen/sb_1401-1450/sb_1424_bill_20080527_amended_asm_v98.html