Friday, July 17, 2009

Thank God It's Friday

Only a few days things seemed discouraging. Well, they still are but how can anyone be gloomy when this photo arrives in your inbox?

That's my Fausto, fat, healthy and happy. This was a photo by Jamie K done last week at our calendar ferret shoot. The best ferret event I've ever been to. Too bad so many people missed it. I can't wait to see the other photos.

I'm also happy to report that Quito is doing well. He hasn't been on duck soup for a few days now. I actually saw him eat more than one kibble. (He had a hairball removed a couple of weeks ago.)

Any my Golden Retriever Bear seems to be doing better. We spent $1500 on vet bills for him two months ago but never got a diagnosis. He started to limp again. There is no money for vets but I gave him some metacam and he is back to his old self. I wish they made metacam for people.

And then there is the California EDD. Somewhere in a dark ivory tower there are people plotting how to make other's lives miserable. They sent me a notice that my claim has been denied. A lot of text, and then at the bottom of the page is a little check box - "this doesn't effect continued claims." So basically they are denying a claim I didn't make and I can continue to be one of California's long term unemployed.

The state does handle all its issues the way it handles the ferret issue and that is why we are up that creek without a paddle.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat, my name is Danielle, I live i Queensland Australia where it is also illegal to own Ferrets. The only effort i have seen here to legalise the fuzzy was from the Queensland Ferret Welfare society and that seems to have come to a standstill as of a few years ago. I was just wondering if you could suggest anything i could do here to make a difference? email danni.lea@hotmail.com
Kindest Regards
Danielle
Ps - I do 'not' own 2 fuzzies Kaos and Mischief =D