Thursday, November 11, 2010

Fish and Game has been Helpful

OMG, I have to give credit where credit is due and say the Fish and Game Commission has been helpful as we try to move the initial study into a request for the EIR.

Jon Fischer, the acting director of the Fish and Game Commission has been slipping me a little insight. At first I thought he flatly rejected the study but as I learn more I see his initial comments had merit.

The whole process is ridiculous, no other animal has ever required this process.

But Mr. Fischer has told me what to avoid, that the Sierra Club looks for error in procedure, not facts, and that could sink us.

And it has been extremely hard to find someone to guide us throught the buracracy.

I did get a little help from a friend of mine who is an urban planner. I'm not a CEQA expert but I know a lot more than I did.

And it appears I over reacted to the intial disaproval of the report from Fish and Game. I wasn't elected to this post you know... what I lack in knowledge I try to make up for in determination, not always the best formula. But we are going to wrap this up and get these little guys legalized.

No comments: