Sunday, May 11, 2008

Thanks for the Scoop on the Poop

After all the comments about smelly ferret poop in my house I have lost the argument. Special thanks to Beverly for being the nail in the coffin. "See - even ferret people agree" - I was told; Marshall's Pet Diet leads to smelly ferret poop.

It also led to healthy, happy ferrets - but I relented and thought I'd try Pretty Pets Natural Gold. It's been a day and half and only Quito is eating it.

It was a great opportunity for an experiment. When I feed the dogs in the morning I have to spill a few kibble for the ferrets to eat (yeah, I also give my ferrets ice cream - live a little). Only Quito took the bait and ate what he thought was dog food.

Fausto - who loves dog food wouldn't touch it, and neither would Augie.

So I'm off to buy another bag of Marshall's and I'll try mixing it together.

I don't think my partner will be too worried about smell ferret poop when he gets home from Colorado on Monday.

Our dog Bear put a big hole in each couch last night - couldn't put two holes in one couch. Smelly ferret poop won't seem like that big of a problem.

No comments: