Monday, November 24, 2008

IContact Reject CLIFFNotes over "Ebay" and "Craigslist"

Trying to send out last night's version of CLIFFNotes on IContact I received this error:

Your message has been rejected for the following reason:

This message does not meet our criteria for content. Unless and until this message meets criteria for prohibited content (http://www.icontact.com/terms/prohibited.php), you will be unable to send it via iContact.

Thank you for your cooperation and we apologize for any inconvenience.
Regards, iContact Customer Support
2635 Meridian Parkway Suite 100
Durham, NC 27713
(877) 968-3996
support@icontact.com

The prohibited words were "EBay" and "Craigslist" neither of which is listed in the terms. I also embedded a YouTube video, which is not listed as a violation on their terms.

I asked for a 25% credit for the month which they declined, offering 10%. But since this was 25% of our monthly usage, 25% seemed fair.

We are no longer using IContact - I think they suck.

To read the CLIFFNotes in question, http://www.ferretsanon.com/CLIFFNotes/Vol3No47.html If you can recommend another company, I would appreciate it.

Pat Wright
http://www.legalizeferrets.org/
www.ferretsanon.com

1 comment:

Mary Gail said...

I don't understand. What can possibly be "offensive" about eBay or Craigslist? Or a little ferret acting like a strange turkey in a video? The only reason something can be prohibited anymore is if it is "offensive". I wouldn't doubt if the names eBay and Craigslist end up in the English dictionary someday (if it isn't already there). This is just plan stupid!! OK...I'm stepping down from my soapbox now. By the way, belated congratulations on you wedding. From what I heard Jerry Brown is wanting all marriages performed before the election to remain legal. Whether that happens or not you shouldn't let it bother you. Paper is just paper. You should remember that! It was our generation that started the "shacking up" business. Oh, wait, you're a little younger than me (not by much). Anyway, good luck and a toast to your happiness. Isn't that what's important?