Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Anyone Who Thinks We Live in a Free Country Hasn't Dealt With California Fish and Game

It's been two days since Jon Fischer, acting director of the California Fish and Game Commission dismissed the Sacramento State University report on ferrets as "missing the mark."


Several calls to Dale Steele at the Department of Fish and Game have not been returned. I'll try calling him from a different phone today in case he has flagged my cell phone.


To me it is simply inconceivable they would be allowed to block an effort without due process. It does sicken me to hear people say "we live in the greatest nation on earth..." because if you keep saying that you can't question it.


A free country would respect your rights. If something is not right there would be a way to challenge it.


If this were going on just awhile I'd be more patient, but 20+ years trying to legalize ferrets. Truly ridiculous. Good thing Fausto loves me so much. Wish I could take him outside.

No comments: