Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sick Feeling and the lack of Due Process

I have had a sick feeling since speaking to Jon Fischer from the Department of Fish and Game. I didn't realize until later that he is the acting director of the Fish and Game Commission.

Mr. Fischer dismissed our extensive survey, our Pre-EIR document as "missing the mark."

Not surprising, anything report that doesn't mention ferrets killing human babies and "free roaming" ferrets attacking endangered species is not going to fly with the Fish and Game Commission.

What really bothers me is lack of due process. Due process is so fundamental to a people's freedom. With three words Mr. Fischer is trying to deny us our due process.

Well, that isn't going to fly.

But I really wish I lived in a state where the fight for our rights, going on 25 years and still unsucessful, didn't consume so much time and money.

Not only are we financially poorer, we're less free. This has got to end - and it's going to end. I just wish it were sooner rather than later.

No comments: