Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Good Bye Augie

I found Augie in a coma yesterday about 5:30 pm. Luckily the Avian and Exotic Animal Clinic was still open - I had him there by 6 pm. His blood sugar was 28. He was given a sugar solution but still looked like he had left us. He died during the night.
The picture above was taken the day I bought him in Las Vegas, clearly marked September 22, 2003, which makes him only 5 1/2 years old.

At the vet's office I was talking to someone else and mentioned the serenity prayer. How do you handle such things - change the things we can, accept the things we can't.

So Augie, I'm sorry you never got to places with me. But thank you for your kind soul.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Im so sorry for your loss. I remember when we lost Oliver. It was to insulinoma and we found him in the same situation. The staff at Avian and Exotic was so helpful and compassionate. Our thoughts are with you. If you need anything at all Pat just give a holler. Josh.