Wednesday, March 11, 2009

UPS Loses Our T-Shirts

Box 2 of 2 our "Ferrets Are More Fun" T-shirt arrived from the silk screener on Thursday, March 5th. Odd, I thought, but Box 1 of 2 will probably arrive Friday.

It didn't. So I did a tracking and was told both boxes arrived Thursday at 4:22 pm.

UPS doesn't make it easy to file a claim or complaint, but I made it through.

The UPS driver tried to leave a note on my front door, but the dogs alerted me to his presence and near-escape. My dogs alert me to everything.

The driver says he specifically remembers delivering two identical packages a week earlier. Stuck me as odd, since I can't remember s*, (let's say much.)

In talking to the driver, I harked back to one TV show I've started watching, "Lie to me." I didn't see any tale tell signs of lying, but I don't believe the driver. I think he delivered them to a wrong address and was too lazy to go get them.

Once he left it also struck me as odd that there were no packages on our front door at 4:22 pm. My car is in the garage, it looks like no one is home, but I'm always in my home office and I was home all day. The one package did not show up until 6:30, after dark.

Oh how'd I'd like an FBI investigation into this serious crime. But this being California I'd be hauled off to jail (again) for the ferrets downstairs.

So today's plans include a big chunk of time inventorying the shirts that went out, the shirts that are here and filling a new order with Jimmy Jams T-Shirts, who is graciously going to reprint the lost shirts at his expense. I will be using him a lot in the future.

No comments: