Monday, March 23, 2009

A New Day For the EIR

It is Monday morning before 9 am and I have calls into a large environmental firm recommended by our previous hoped for consultant, the California Department of Fish and Game and Assembyman John PĂ©rez.

The search for an EIR/CEQA consultant has started again. I know a little more than before and I've always known to leave it to a professinal.

It is rather humbling to call the Department of Fish and Game and ask their help in legalizing ferrets - but I have no pride. That disappeared a long time ago. Have you heard my story about size 41 underwear at the George Bailey Detention Center?

The goal is to legalize ferrets - it should be a simple goal, but not in California.

But I feel good now that I've quit waiting for the "Working Group" to finish their project. We need to proceed and get the work done. And if the bids come in higher than we expect, I'll be out there selling plasma and lining up sponsors to get this project finished once and for all.

I didn't go to jail wearing size 41 underwear for nothing!

Free the ferrets - and their owners. I will be keeping this blog up to date with progress on the search for our consultant.

No comments: