Thursday, March 26, 2009

Update on the EIR

I did manage to have contact with Tom Gibson at the Department of Fish and Game, he is in their legal department. So far he seems like a very nice guy.

I had to explain, we want to do what is required of us to legalize ferrets in California - and, by the way, what exactly does the Fish and Game Commission require of us?

Mr. Gibson wasn't sure - he'll have to check and get back to me. He's only been with DFG for a year. But why didn't we ask this question ten year's ago? D'oh!

I have also asked help from Assemblyman John Pérez's office. When running for the state asssembly Mr. Pérez was kind enough to answer our survey - and unlike most respondents - he won. We need to know these people in the legislature.

Relations Sour With the Working Group

Unfortunately the "working group" isn't happy. They have asked I remove the survey that was emailed out (results will be in Sunday's CLIFFNotes) and have brought up the idea of another version of CLIFFNotes.

With all my heart I believe in transparency and communication. Nothing will happen without them. I have faith in the people who read CLIFFNotes. I will accept suggestions, criticisms, anything except insults. It is an open forum for all people interested in the California ferret issue.

Ferret owners are rightfully angry and impatient. We've been kept in the dark and waited too long.

1 comment:

Mary Gail said...

I don't really understand what the group's upset about. It's not like we haven't waited 'patiently' all this time. They need to understand that WE need to know what's happening. Enough with the secrecy!! They are beginning to sound like a bureaucratic office with all this secrecy. We have a right to know what's going on.

Thank you Pat for all your hard work, and I am so very sorry about Augie. My his little soul live forever and ever in peace where the sun never stops shining!!